ABOUT MOTHER MARY’S SCHOOL, MAYUR VIHAR
Mother Mary’s School is a well-acclaimed, Girls- Day School established in the year 2006 with the aim of fulfilling the vision of its founder, Dr. A. K. Walia, to provide quality education to the girl child. Mother Mary’s School was conceived as a dream by Ho’ble Founder Dr. Ashok Kumar Walia, through means of which he wanted to give wings to the girl child to face the challenges of the global world.
Within a short span of 17 years, the school has scaled great heights of success to be known as a reputed educational institution. The School has been recently felicitated with the prestigious Dainik Jagaran School Excellence Award 2023 for Excellence in Empowering Girls Through Transformative Education, East Delhi, on 5th May, 2023. The Education World India School Ranking has recognized the school as one of the top 10 Girls Day Schools of Delhi NCR in the Hindustan Times C Fore Survey twice in the years 2014 and 2016. The school was also ranked at No.8 in Online Presence and at No. 7 in Social Footprints in East Delhi by elets Digital Learning India in the year 2017. The school has been accorded with the ratings AAAA-Shining Stars of India’s North by Careers 360 Magazine – India’s Best School 2018. In 2019-2020, the School was certified as India’s Top Girls- Day School under the parameter of ‘Academic Reputation’ by Education Today.
Mother Mary’s School was bestowed with Clean Environment Education and Promotion Award at the World Clean Environment Summit 2017 organised by NICER- National Institute of Cleanliness Education Research. Under the able guidance of the Management and a dedicated team of faculty members, the students have secured many exemplary feats in Academics, Sporting and Cultural events held at International, National, State, Inter-State and Zonal levels from time to time.
Keeping in line with the changing trends in the field of education, several initiatives have been taken such as the digitalization of education, addition of Smart Classrooms, new laboratories, updated digital libraries at both the junior and senior level. New subjects like Robotics and Coding have been introduced to ensure the Holistic Development of the students. In addition, the school provides ample opportunities for Sports and Co-curricular Activities for its students.
The School has been persistently forging ahead and making progress leaps and bounds with each passing year, securing 100 percent results and outstanding scores by our students in Class X and XII CBSE Board Examinations . Ever since its inception, the school has been setting benchmarks in the scholastic as well as co-scholastic fields, thereby begetting innumerable feats in less than two decades. Over the years, the school has evolved as a Premier Institution in East Delhi.
OUR SERVICES & FACILITIES
Our leadership program empowers students to take on the responsibilities as good citizens of the country and the world. The student council nurtures and hones the leadership qualities of the students.
No education is complete unless a child is sensitized to the exigencies of her surroundings. The school hence encourages activities like street plays on various social issues, visit to old age home, contribution to armed forces, Red Cross, relief to the victims of any disasters and many others.
Health Care Facilities
Healthcare facilities are available in the School Medical Room which functions under the guidance of a Doctor and a nurse. Regular medical checkups are being done.
“Education is, helping a child to realize his potentialities”
To make learning a multi-sensory experience it is important to explore innovative ways of instructions. At Mother Mary’s it is our constant endeavour to go beyond routine text book teaching.
- Child Centered Learning Techniques coupled with C.C.E. have been implemented at all levels.
- Smart class rooms that enhance presentations and understanding has been introduced at all levels. Though today almost every school uses this medium for teaching, our school differs in customizing the modules to suit the needs of the learners thereby making learning a meaningful and joyful experience. This is aided with class room response system, peer reviews, interactive lectures to develop prior knowledge and integrate new knowledge using audio-visual aid. Graphics, live action videos and animations allow learners to learn by seeing. Animations are used to illustrate concept and ideas that cannot be created and captured in real life.
- “Tell me and I forget, Teach me and I may remember, Involve me and I learn”. Activity based learning / learning by doing is our forte which give them hands on experience.
- An open forum is provided to the students, where they could come forward and express their views on a given topic under the guidance of a teacher. Regular classes, help the students to overcome their inhibitions and develop a flair for speaking.
- Diverse class room activities are conducted to introduce, analyze and reflect, or to deduce the concept. Educational excursions, visits to exhibitions, museums, etc. bring them closer to life and hence enhance their understanding.
- Conversation classes is a regular feature for which separate periods has been assigned to hone their communication skills. ‘Pick of the Day’ is conducted in every class according to their cognitive level to enhance their vocabulary.
- Language Lab – a full fledged language lab in the school is utilized to focus on the listening skills of the students.
- Discussion-cum-question answer methods keep learners interested and reinforces learning. It develops the capacity for clear communication of ideas and meaning. It helps in developing intellect and confidence of students.
- For special learners i.e. children with special needs stepwise curriculum has been developed.
- Special assemblies are held regularly to inculcate values on several social and environmental issues among children. The children learn to appreciate the world around and also aides the holistic development of the child.
- For junior classes joyful learning has been adopted so that children might not be stressed and learning becomes a pleasant experience. In Primary Classes students are encouraged to bring fruits and vegetables according to season so that healthy food habits are inculcated in them as well as the ability to recognize various fruits and vegetables.
VISION AND MISSION
The school envisions to impart comprehensive education and nurture the uniqueness of all students by tapping their hidden potential and grooming them to face the ever growing challenges of the 21st century.
With the motto of LOVE, SERVE AND SHINE, the school strives to inculcate and develop in its students a strong mind set, positive attitude, adaptability along with the values of loyalty, service and dedication, thus enabling them to carve a niche for themselves in the rapidly progressing global world.